Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Never thought a government shutdown would impact my wedding....

By Zach Kouwe

Of all the things that could go wrong during or leading up to a wedding I never anticipated having to deal with a government shutdown. I guess that's something you need to take into account these days when planning a wedding in Yosemite National Park, or any national  Once it looked like the park was going to be closed, we marshaled the forces of public relations....(BuzzFeedtrade publication and the BBC.) 

But as the wedding date approached, it was clear the Congress wan't going to get its act together in time. Well, in the end it actually ended up working out in our favor. We had the ceremony in the park anyway - the park Rangers didn't seem to care - and nobody was in the park. That made for some amazing pictures and a cool story. I can't wait to tell my kids mom and dad snuck into Yosemite to get married! 

No comments:

Post a Comment